Wednesday 15 April 2009

Trend Watch: Hot Foot It

Left to right: Gwyneth Paltrow, Kimberly Stewart, Mary-Kate Olsen 

The Trend: Gladiator Sandals

This is a trend I've shied away from for the last couple of years, but this year I'm unashamedly jumping on the bandwagon. I bought a pair a couple of summers back but didn't really know how to wear them. And I think that's the problem, think about it too much and your look ends up contrived...sure Gwynie shows how you can pair them with a casual pair of jeans and a blazer, but I think Kimberly works them better, she's contrasted them with floaty florals and the two trends balance one another perfectly. And I love how Mary-Kate isn't afraid to let hers make a statement, they dominate her look...and when they look this great, why shouldn't they?

Here are a few from the High Street. Race you to them...



Gladiator Sandals, £40, Warehouse
Gladiator Strap Sandal, £30, Miss Selfridge


Leather Gladiators, £25, Marks & Spencer




Leather Gladiator Sandals, £22, Dorothy Perkins



No comments:

Post a Comment